© Harrington Photography
Miss Berrien Springs 2015
Berrien Springs grew up with the riverboat trade on the St. Joseph River. It served as a market town for farmers and as Berrien County’s governmental seat. As a small village, its stores, mills and hotels served residents and those who came to trade or attend court.
Michigan’s oldest courthouse, now the 1839 Courthouse Museum, is located here.